Based on the farm share model where stakeholders ensure the success of the farm by pre-paying for food, our members purchase jazz shares to provide the capital needed to produce concerts with minimal institutional support. A grassroots, all-volunteer organization, we are a community of music lovers in Western Massachusetts dedicated to the continued vitality of jazz music. By pooling resources, energy and know-how, members create an infrastructure that is able to bring world-class improvisers to our region.
Pioneer Valley Jazz Shares is a 501(c)3 non-profit, incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We make 100 jazz shares available at an annual investment of $125. (Half shares are also available.) We produce 10 concerts each year in Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties. We invite you to join us.
How It Works
Our concert season runs September – June. Just like a farm share, a jazz share is good for one season only. You cannot apply unused admissions to next season’s concerts.
For your $125 investment, you receive:
• 10 admissions to 10 concerts, September to June, each season
• Admissions are completely transferable: use your 10 admissions however you like
• Invitations to receptions and special events with the artists
• Opportunities to assist in making the concerts happen
As a $250 annual sponsor we will:
• Put your logo and a link on our web site
• List you on all posters
• Publicly acknowledge your sponsorship from the stage
• Thank you in 10 programs
• Provide 2 complementary tickets per concert
• Invite you to artist receptions
As a $500 Lead Sponsor we will include the above, plus:
• Put your logo in 10 programs and on 10 posters
• Provide 4 complementary tickets per concert
• Provide you with CDs by Jazz Shares performers
Press About Jazz Shares
Read what Glenn Siegel wrote about Jazz Shares in the ROVA Arts newsletter, May 2016